A life-long dream of Boulder Bike Tours’ founder has come to fruition! Experience Cuba’s culture unfiltered.
“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the meaning of a country best” ernest hemingway
Herschel has traveled extensively in “El Oriente” the less-touristed Eastern end of Cuba over the past few years to develop a truly unique tour of places and sights rarely seen by international travelers
Every mile on this Cuba Bike Tour route will bring you further into the Cuban culture and countryside and away from the constant distractions of an average modern day. We’ll also visit Santiago de Cuba the second largest but more vibrant and human scale city as we share meals with families, enjoy diverse cultural excursions and truly experience a pace and friendliness that is distinctly Cuban. It is legal under the current US/OFAC Travel Rules to visit Cuba and despite recent unsupported statements Cuba is without question the safest country we have ever visited.
There will be tropical landscapes, coastlines with sunny beaches as well as towns and cities on our route through the less-touristed Eastern end of the island (“El Oriente”). This is authentic Cuba, rich in culture and history. It’s where Columbus set foot in the New World and discovered tobacco grown by the Taino Indians. Where Salsa music and dance was created and where the Castros were born. It’s where the fight for independance from Spain began and where Fidel and Che’s “La Revolucion” to oust the Batista regime started and was won.
Cuba CultureBikeTours are for you… if you:
- Have a regular level of healthy exercise and fitness
- Enjoy moderately-paced bike rides (on good roads w/planned stops) of about 25 miles/day or 2-ish hours of pedaling
- Want to engage the real people, art, culture and history of a country
- Appreciate local customs, activities and food
- Prefer down-to-earth lodging in comfortable private homes to large resort hotels
- Are a curious traveller who likes to go places the typical tourist wouldn’t find
- 8 days/7 nights
- Begin/End at Fort Lauderdale (FLL) International Airport
- Each tour includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Cuba from FLL and customs/immigration assistance
- Lodging, 3 meals daily (except alcohol) and group transportation as required.
- Bike rentals w/helmets
- Arranged recreational & cultural activities such as: Organic farms, Salsa dance instruction and clubs, guided cave tour, Arts & History outings and more…
- American guides who speak both English & Spanish
- Expert Cuban staff who are eager to show you their homeland
- Price: $2,495 USD /person
- 40% deposit to reserve desired date
- If a Cuba Tour is canceled by BBT for any reason you will be issued a FULL refund
- Our tours are compliant with the current Nov 9, 2017 OFAC travel rules for US citizens.
- Jan 19 – Jan 26
- Mar 23- Mar 30
- May 18 – May 25
- Due to the unique route of our Cuba Tour detailed map and itinerary is available upon request.
* Custom dates for your group of 4 – 12 are also available. Please email us your inquiry.
CALL NOW TO BOOK